One of my most beloved seasonal songs is Wintersong by Sarah Bareillas and Sarah McLachlan. As a person who has often struggled with seasonal moods that dip (sometimes in the winter, and sometimes unpredictably) and has had a tumultuous relationship with optimism over the years, I find it strikes the right chord. It lets you be sad when you need to be sad and reminds you that this isn't forever. I find that the sentiment is particularly apt this holiday season which will feel like no other holiday season before it. It's likely that the compounding isolation of physical distance and impossible big family get-togethers will be really hard for evryone this year.
Let this card speak to that sadness in your loved ones. It's okay to mourn, but also, it won't always feel like this.
- heavy, cotton rag paper printed with an original linocut design
- text printed from lead type and embellished with gold shimmer.
- measuring 4" wide and 5.5" tall closed
- comes with a cream coloured envelope
- the gold version has metallic powder brushed over it post-printing and has a gorgeous shimmer.
- the inside is blank, as is the back of the card, just in case you need to write a rambling sort of note, as I often do!
The interior of this card is blank.Shipping costs are included in the item price. Items will ship within Canada only. Your item will ship within 3 business days of your order being placed, and not later than Dec 12, 2020. The item will ship directly from this vendor's studio. Delivery times within Canada can be as long as 12 business days after shipment. If you are located in the same area as this vendor, they may get in touch via email to offer contactless drop off or arrange for pick up at their studio as an option.