This card is an illustration of my comical misunderstanding of a classic carol.
In the meadow we will build a snowman
and pretend that he is Parson brown.
He'll say "are you married?"
We'll say "no, man. But you can do the job while you're in town!"
Up until after I had completed this card last season, I was under the impression that the "we" in Winter Wonderland was a couple of friends who both had a crush on the local pastor. I thought they were pretending to be married to him for the weekend, not pretending to be married by him, to each other! Apparently, the latter is the common interpretation. I still like my imagining and the source of inspiration for this image: frosty kisses.
This is a card for your friends and family who like singing along, even when they don't always know the words!
- heavy, cotton rag paper printed with an original linocut design
- measuring 4" wide and 5.5" tall closed
- comes with a cream coloured envelope
- the gold version has metallic powder brushed over it post-printing and has a gorgeous shimmer.
- the inside is blank, as is the back of the card, just in case you need to write a rambling sort of note, as I often do!
The interior of this card is blank.
Shipping costs are included in the item price. Items will ship within Canada only. Your item will ship within 3 business days of your order being placed, and not later than Dec 12, 2020. The item will ship directly from this vendor's studio. Delivery times within Canada can be as long as 12 business days after shipment. If you are located in the same area as this vendor, they may get in touch via email to offer contactless drop off or arrange for pick up at their studio as an option.