Welcome to the Royal Bison's Spring 2021 Gift Guides!
Pick a personality in your life and we'll give you gift suggestions...kinda like a magic eight ball, right?
- For The Art Lovers
- For the Nature Lovers
- For the Stay-At-Home Club
- For that One-of-a-Kind person in your life
- For the Offspring
- For the Parent Units
For the Art Lovers
Need to jazz up your walls in your multi-functioning home/office space? Why not "check out" some rad local art? See what we did there? Oh yes we did:
1) New vendor Little Ghost Creations is a Métis linocut printmaker inspired by horror movies, folktales, and natural history.
2) Queer artist Zeph Mind specializes in collage and mosaic art.
3) Tashina Makokis is a nehiyaw iskwew artist creating a diverse range of art including paintings, beadwork, jewelry, pouches, and more!
4) New vendor Courtney Loberg is a comic artist who draws stories about prairie otherworlds.
5) Tracy from Lonely Coyote created the beautiful graphics for the Royal Bison this spring! They are back with even more quality goods for lonely cowfolx (which is all of us, right?).
6) Veteran vendor Emily Chu is back with new drawings of Edmonton landmarks, as well as a highlight on Edmonton's Chinatown.
Here are only a small list of the many nature-inspired, eco-friendly, slow crafters at our Spring fair. Bring the outdoors in with these talented folks:
1) Kalea the Luddite is a queer, ace textile maker who loves to meet the sheep who grow her yarn!
2) Angela E Smyth is back with more nature inspired linocut prints!
3) Jen Jong at JYJ Ceramics has got you covered for florals this spring!
4) Jessy Sannachan of RM&BRD is an Edmonton based woodworker who makes decorative and functional objects from responsibly sourced lumber.
5) New vendor Little Shiny Wolfis a Nisga'a & African American mixed artist who creates beaded earrings.
6) Danielle is a queer textile artist; she explores the relationship between craft and sustainability through Curious Fox Fibres.
For the Stay-At-Home Club
Want something great for the homebody in your life (and who isn't one these days?) - get them something from:
1) Barb from Little House of Macrame brings her Egyptian heritage to life with these macrame pyramids.
2) Urban Drawer is back to bring colorful patterned socks - locally designed and quality made.
3) Naked & Frayed is an Asian-Canadian artist bringing Edmonton landmarks to life via thread and needle!
4) Brin Steeves of Oil & Birch is creating rad ceramic art accessories! Her paint palettes and tool rests are bringing comfort and sustainability to your creative process!
5) Lili Yas Tayefi (LYT Ceramics) is a Persian Canadian designer who creates beautiful character earth ware.
6) New vendor Nathan at The Northern Habitat creates functional and beautifully designed planters.
7) Nina Haggerty Centre for the Arts supports a collective of local artists with developmental disabilities.
For that One-of-a-Kind person in your life!
We all have very those special people in our lives - they need more than just any typical gift. We've got you covered: shop the unique, hand-made, one-of-a-kind, only here at the Royal Bison!
1) Filipina artist, Marion Mendoza of Prairie Poly loves creating bold, bright and unique pieces out of polymer clay. They are seriously little pieces of wearable art!
2) Mary Roach of Skavenger Ceramix creates bold, hand pinched, functonal ceramics.
3) Gaby from Pots By Gabs loves to make functional ware with pops of colour.
4) New vendor Nicole Boychuk is an illustrator, print-maker, and textile artist bringing creatures of all kinds to life in their laboratory.
5) Kaleb Romano is a ceramic artist who uses strong bold patterns inspired by prints, geometric repetitive patterns, fabric, architecture, and nature.
6) Kevin Stebner of Typewritten makes art with typewriters. Yup... you heard us correctly - Typewriters!
For the Offspring
We miss all your little ones at the in-person fair, so why not bring the market direct to your living room (more like your home/office/playpen)? Gift the kiddos in your life some quality toys and wearables:
1) Fenwick & Co brings top notch baby wares. All are illustrated, screen printed and sewn for life with busy little bodies.
2) CUBOS playcube is made by Anson Wong, an engineer/industrial designer making quality toys for kids.
3)Babby Dolls will have a fresh batch of super cute handmade dolls and toys for the spring market!
4) Art? Toys? Both! Plush creations by Papercut Monstersfeature handmade illustrations using paper collage
5) Yu-Chen Tseng creates charming characters that sparks the creative child within us!
For the Parent Units