Holiday 2021 Gift Guides!
The Royal Bison is here with theeeee best guide to gifting for the holidays. We've grouped some rad goods by personality types, so shopping-local for everyone in your family and friend circles is totally easy...you can thank us later!
- FOR THE NATURE LOVERS
- FOR THE ONE-OF-A-KIND PERSON
- FOR THE STAY AT HOME CLUB
- FOR THE ART LOVERS
- FOR YOUR FAVE SECRET SANTA
Gift Guide: For the Nature Lovers
• Ceramics artist Meg Gould brings sweet florals and strawberries on mugs and accessories! Find mugs, earrings, and more at our online fair.
• Jessy Sannachan of RM&BRD brings beautiful woodworks of sculpture and function to our online fair this holiday.
• Morgan Hanson creates hand drawn and hand embroidered birth flower artwork and accessories, only at our online fair.
• Find incredible ceramic goods by new vendor Susie Kathol (who is also a wildlife biologist and botanist!) online.
• Shop sheepy yarns, natural dyes, and knitting patterns for wool lovers with Luddite Yarn, online and at our Dec 3-5 in-person market.
• Hand printed nature art has never looked so good! Find printmaker Angela E Smyth's artwork online and in-person at our Dec 10-12 market.
• Jessica Nepton-Chayer of Copper Cherry is back with a new convertable bag, the Larue Bag! Find her handmade canvas and leather bags, rucksacks, and travel duffles online and at our Dec 3-5 in-person market!
• Long-time polymer clay jewelry vendor Marion Mendoza of Prairie Poly is back to make our knees weak with a new line of upcycled goods and housewares! Find these amazing wearable and household pieces in-person at the Dec 3-5 fair!
Gift Guide: For the One-Of-A-Kind Person
• Esmahan of Buno Design always brings the best in handcrafted sustainable jewelry - All with a statement! Find her work online this holiday.
• We are so excited to have new vendor Lael Chmelyk of Wax and Wane Fine Art at our online market! Lael works in clay and fibre, and is passionate in creating functional objects.
• Veteran vendor Joel Kadziolka of Papercut Monsters is bringing new unique hand-sewn monsters (patterns made from collage) to our online market.
• New vendor Lunate Design creates small batch polymer clay earrings - And yes, that is a jungle cat on those earrings! Find her online and in-person at our Dec 10-12 fair!
• Ruth at Magpie Goods and Apparel makes one of of a kind hand-made sewn accessories, including these amazing fanny packs! Shop this amazing collection online.
• We can not get enough of Chauntelle Atcheynum's (Mâmawi Creations) delicately hand-beaded jewelry! Find her work at our online market.
• Babby Dolls, need we say more? These dollies, elves, and other hand made critters are here to brighten up your day! Find these lovely handmade figures at our online market.
• Sara Nishi of Illo Leather creates hand-made, quality leather products. Find Sara's bags, wallets, and accessories at our online market.
Gift Guide: For the Stay At Home Club
• Husband and wife team Anthony & Alysha Eslava of Ace Wood Co, design and create unique home decor and furniture items. We can't wait to see their goods online and in-person at all 3 of our events!
• Veteran calligrapher and designer Justine Ma is currently neck deep in Christmas ornaments - And we are so excited for it all! Find them all at our online fair!
• Beloved vendor Murriel Mapa of Naked & Frayed is returning with threadpainting, mixed media pieces, as well as Edmonton-focused pieces (which she calls "Embroidmonton"). Get these one of a kind pieces online this holiday!
• Kaleb Romano always brings the best functional and decorative ceramics to the market - Including these amazing chrome skull wall hangings! Find these and more at our online fair.
• Jen Jong of jyj ceramics is back, and dabbling in hand mixing coloured clays and experimenting with non-functional ceramics (art? YES!). Set your alarms to shop them at our online fair!
• We have been patiently waiting to see Barb's (Little House of Macrame) work in-person! Find her macrame, woven wall art, and more at our online market as well as both of our in-person markets.
• Danielle S. Fuechtmann of Curious Fox Fibres balances sustainability and luxury with her handcrafted textile home goods and signature fibre supplies - find them online this holiday.
• Nathan of The Northern Habitat makes modern and functional vessels for your plants, each with drainage holes and water trays. See them all in-person at our Dec 10-12 market.
Gift Guide: For the Art Lovers
• Courtney Loberg of weedgrowneye creates comics and illustrations that draw on the weird power and small evils found in small towns and under the prairies - all at our online fair.
• We are so excited to have Crabapple Design join our online holiday market! Carmyn Joy is an illustrator and stationery enthusiast, creating bright and bold paper goods to brighten your home!
• New vendor Serena Tang features a print series of Edmonton, which are a reflection of her adoration for this one-of-a-kind city so far north. Find her work online and at our in-person Dec 10-12 market.
• Lonely Coyote mixes Tracy's top notch graphic design with western landscapes and queer prairie life. Find bandanas, prints, pins, and more at our online market.
• Emily Storvold will be bringing a gorgeous new collection of original art, inspired by nature, biology and silly forms. All of this and more can be found at our online fair.
• Queer multidisciplinary and collage artist, Zeph Mind, will be bringing a new series of celestial animals! Find these calendars online and at both of our in-person markets Dec 3-5 & 10-12!
• Colleen Fiddler of Little Ghost Creations is a Métis mixed media artist, creating work that feels both fantastical yet dark. Find her work at our online market.
• Tashina Makokis is a nehiyaw iskwew artist with an eclectic mix of paintings, illustrations, multimedia, beadwork, and more! Check out this incredible beaded astrological constellation, available online and in-person at our Dec 3-5 market.
Gift Guide: For Your Fave Secret Santa
• New to Bison is Sarcastic Shrug Society. Fiona Lee has created a brand of art goods around eye-rolling and sarcasm. Find these perfect stocking stuffers at our online market.
• New vendor The Library Apothecary helps people rediscover the joy and comfort in caring for their skin, and with focus on products for sensitive skin. Find these products in-person at our Dec 10-12 market.
• Emily Chu is an illustrator and maker behind Buhaolife. Emily will be bringing a few new artworks of local landmarks, holiday cards, as well as her line of cute and sweet washi tapes! Find them online, as well as at both in-person markets!
• New vendor Megacurse is the collective force of art weirdos Mel and JP, who will be bringing an exciting collection of cute and creepy art goods! Find them at our online fair this holiday season.
• Candice Klein of Fast Ghost is inspired by all things historical, vintage, and magic. Find these magical earrings and more at the online market.
• Gift some fragrances for the home this season with Setsuna Home's small-batch incense. Find them online and in-person at our Dec 10-12 market.
• Nor. is a fashion label by Filipina designer Sherri Cardona, creating handmade and mindfully crafted clothing and accessories. This winter will feature some winter accessories to keep ya'll cosy and warm. Find Sherri online, and at both in-person markets!
• Morgan Strom of Tiny Naughty Words makes naughty embroidery and pronoun pins! Their inspiration? "Chronic pain fuels me to stab fabric many times :)". Find these amazing tiny embroidery pieces at our online market.