For the Foodies
Is there anything more helpful than staying home and stress-eating delicious food through the pandemic? We don’t think so! The foodie in your life would love these:
1) New ceramic vendor Made by Kellsey hand-builds functional pottery, using a combination of slabs and pinched coils, which leaves the surfaces dimpled by her fingertips.
2) Mezzaluna Studio is back with classic modern design tea towels every kitchen needs! Staying home has never been so easy with these colorful accents.
3) Zach Kirinic from drvo handmade creates beautiful hand crafted wood kitchen and table wares, home decor accessories, and small art pieces.
4) AdrianMartinus has the perfect rolling pin for all of your quarantine baked goods. Shop his furniture, housewares, art, and jewelry in your pajamas this May!
5) Local, handmade chopsticks are a necessity for any home. Find these and other wooden kitchenwares and toys at Keep Design.
6) Master ceramicist Sam Knopp is back with the perfect accents for your home and kitchen.
For the Parents
Parents, you’ve got a lot going on all the time, and especially now that you’ve become homeschoolers to boot. Treat yoself. Or like, others should treat you! We’re all for showering you allllll the thank you over Mother’s Day and Father’s Day:
1) Don’t forget your card for Mothers Day and Fathers Day! Find these cute card and more from Homework Letterpress.
2) Kaleb Romano is back with high detail based, sculpture inspired cups, mugs, tumblers, beer steins, Cat Planters, platters, and tablewares.
3) Handmade leather goods make perfect gifts. Mikiko brings subtle minimal design in bags in small accessories.
4) Top off all gifts with a beautiful bar of soap. New Vendor Soap So Co. brings handmade artisan handsoap - A treat for your eyes, nose, and hands!
5) FERN is back with a range of quality textile goods. And inquire about her classes for you and your ‘rents!
6) Looking for a pair of socks for dad? Look no further with Urban Drawer. They have socks for all ages and styles… even for babies!
7) New vendor High Country Art creates rural inspired ceramic goods - And check out these knife earrings!
8) Keep the folks happy with grooming products and skin care products from Like Grandpa.
9) And don’t forget that special gift for Mothers Day. Find delicately beaded earrings from Plains Cree artist, Mamawi Creations.
Workin’ From Home
How’s their kitchen-table office space holding up? Are the cats video-bombing their Zoom calls? How’s the background of their Zoom calls looking? Are they glad they can use their favourite coffee mug and no one else at the office is gonna touch it? Yes, yes and yes. Jazz up their WFH space with these pieces:
1) Spice up self-isolation and working from home with these beautiful bug ceramics by Sarah Ritchie of From Hands of SJR.
2) New vendor House & Object makes modern heirlooms with quality materials. Check out this scalloped mirror!
3) Wild and Precious Art is bringing some exciting new pieces for the home this season. Need a statement platter for your plants? Look no further!
4) Raymond Biesinger is back with large prints inspired by historic architecture. And some special pieces for Edmonton, of course!
5) Curate your working-from-home scent with incense from Setsuna Home.
6) Jazz up your laptops and office with art and stickers by Art by Heather Simonsmeier.
7) And end your work days with a sip from local distillery, Strathcona Spirits.
8) Ryspot is back with exciting textures and wild colours - in wobbly and geometric concrete goods for your home.
9) Did you know that Caitlin Bodewitz of CMB Printworks uses reclaimed materials to make incredible art? Find her mixed media pieces online this May!
For the Weird Cousin
Look, isolation hasn’t made us any LESS weird. For the quirkiest among us, here’s our roundup:
1) Rhandi Sandford from Colour Me Weird is killing it with body suits, fuzzy danglers, and art prints. And these overalls!
2) Find amazing one of a kind, colourful, mysterious and sweet stuffed monsters by Amit & Kol. Makes self isolation feel less isolating.
3) Josh Harnack is painting hilarious originals, working in unexpected characters in found landscape paintings.
4) ThinkITEM puts an original take on superheros in the form of prints, pins, stickers, and “maybe some new shirts”!
5) inspired by punk rock, cool art and inspiring degenerates of the past, The Cosmodemonic Telegraph Company is back with shirts, felt goods, embroidery, and more.
6) New vendor NMH makes intriguing collage art, in the forms of prints and tote bags!
7) Olivia Forsyth is back with her autobiographical, feminist art. We can’t wait to see the rest of her new prints and goods!
For Your Pen Pals
Look, if you don’t already have a pen pal, you probably need one. Or at least keep a diary or something for your pandemic deep thoughts. Now’s the time to start:
1) Erin and Mariah are teaming up again (This Might Work) to bring us new goodies such as prints, enamel pins, stickers, tote bags, and shirts! Wear these shirts with your best bud, even if you’re miles away.
3) Majesty and Friends has all of your quarantine accessories. Find these pencils and more - all easily shipped to your pen pals.
4) Keep organized during the pandemic/write your pandemic diary with these cute notebooks by Cyanotype Paper Goods.
5) Need some reading material to distract and pass the time? Find all genres of reading material, including locally written books, at our favourite local bookstore Glass Bookshop.
6) Send beautiful linocut cards and prints by Angela E Smyth to your favourite family members and friends.
7) Scout Papergoods brings the outdoors in, with beautifully painted flora and fauna illustrations.
8) Local artist Courtenay McKay of JOJO & GUN Illustrated Goods brings wild and wacky Edmonton landmarks to life in the form of pins, postcards, and more! Mail them to your pal!